Enabling Funds Grants
The Junior League of San Francisco (JLSF) Enabling Funds committee provides emergency and bridge funding grants to San Francisco Bay Area nonprofit organizations that face an urgent and unexpected short-term financial need. The grant recipient organizations must clearly demonstrate that their program goals and priorities align with the JLSF Mission and JLSF focus area of Empowering our Community Through Life Skills Education. The JLSF Enabling Funds grants (up to a maximum of $5,000 per organization) enable existing nonprofit organizations to continue to provide needed services and programs in the community.
Over the past four years, the JLSF has awarded more than $230,000 in Enabling Funds grants to various San Francisco Bay Area nonprofits, providing vital assistance to these organizations so that they may continue to serve the community.
Eligibility and Requirements:
To be eligible for a JLSF Enabling Funds grant, organizations must:
- Submit an Enabling Funds Grant Application and related documents.
- Demonstrate that the specific program requiring funding aligns with the JLSF's focus area of Empowering our Community Through Life Skills Education in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Clearly demonstrate an emergency financial need that if left unmet would result in the disruption of community programs/services.
- Provide a copy of your IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter.
- Not have received a JLSF Enabling Funds grant during the current or prior JLSF fiscal year. This is defined as the time period June 1, 2012 - May 31, 2014.
- Not have received funding from other JLSF sources during the current JLSF fiscal year. This is defined as the time period between June 1, 2013 - May 31, 2014.
The maximum amount awarded for any single grant request is $5,000.
For more information, please contact The Junior League of San Francisco office at (415) 775-4100 or download the Enabling Funds Grant Application.
Review Process and Timing:
Grant applications will be reviewed by the Enabling Funds committee. Application deadlines are:
- October 4, 2013
- January 17, 2014