The JLSF Endowment Fund
The JLSF Endowment Fund was established in 1992. Designed to be self-sustaining, the Endowment Fund ensures long term, stable financing to support the JLSF and community programs in the years ahead.
The Endowment Fund enables us to turn each dollar into many dollars. All donations to the Endowment Fund are permanently restricted. Your contribution becomes principal that is never spent on projects, but rather is invested to create interest income; only income generated by these investments will be used to support the JLSF mission.
Benefits of Donating
- Tax Deductions: Endowment Fund contributions may be tax-deductible in whole or in part. Be sure to check with your accountant for specific details that apply to you and your donations.
- Celebration & Acknowledgment: The Endowment Fund gives donors a means and opportunity to recognize what is important to them - family, friends, specials occasions, events, and remembrances.
- Ease of Participation: The Fund provides Bay Area residents and businesses a convenient way to contribute to the League year-round, whether or not they choose to participate in other JLSF fundraising events.
- Donation Flexibility: The Fund offers a range of diverse donation options to satisfy the needs of contributors who wish to support the JLSF and their community for their lifetimes and beyond:
- Credit Card, Checks
- Securities - stocks & bonds
- Bequests, estates, and wills
- Life income gifts through trusts
- Corporate matching funds
- Memorial Funds
- Contributions which honor and celebrate a birthday, wedding, anniversary, graduation, or the birth of a child.
- League Recognition: The Endowment Fund donors will receive recognition by being listed in a special section of the Fogcutter at the end of the year. We hope that this will affirm our appreciation of those who donate as well as encourage new donors to consider making contributions to the Endowment Fund.
The recognition levels are as follows:
- Diamond Donor: $10,000 or more (or signed commitment to donate $1,000 annually for 10 years)
- Emerald Donor: $1,000 to $9,999
- Ruby Donor: $500 to $999
- Sapphire Donor: $250 to $499
- Pear Donor: $100 to $249
- Opal Donor: $1 to $99