Enabling Funds Grants
The Junior League of San Francisco (JLSF) Enabling Funds committee awards grants to San Francisco Bay Area non-profit organizations that align with one of JLSF’s two focus areas, 1) promoting the social and emotional health of youth and the elderly and 2) empowering our community through life skills education. Priority will be given to organizations that face an urgent and short-term financial need. Examples of such needs may include, but are not limited to, organizations facing a sudden loss of funding, an unbudgeted expense or organizations that are in need of bridge funding.
The JLSF Enabling Funds grants (up to a maximum of $5,000 per organization) enable existing non-profit organizations to continue to provide needed services and programs in our community.
Over the past five years, the JLSF has awarded more than $300,000 in Enabling Funds grants to various San Francisco Bay Area non-profits, providing vital assistance to these organizations so that they may continue to serve the community.
Eligibility and Requirements:
To be eligible for a JLSF Enabling Funds grant, organizations must:
- Submit an Enabling Funds Grant Application and related documents.
- Demonstrate that the specific program requiring funding aligns with one JLSF's two issue areas of 1) promoting the social and emotional health of youth and the elderly and 2) empowering our community through life skills education.
- Provide verification of 501(c)(3) status.
- NOT have received a JLSF Enabling Funds grant during the current or prior JLSF fiscal year. This is defined as the time period June 1, 2015 – May 31, 2017.
- NOT have received funding from other JLSF sources during the current JLSF fiscal year. This is defined as the time period between June 1, 2016 – May 31, 2017
The maximum amount awarded for any single grant request is $5,000.
Review Process and Timing:
The fall deadline for applications is October 14, 2016, and the winter deadline is January 13, 2017. Please note that grant applications are currently being accepted, and will be accepted on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged.