Enabling Funds Grants
The Junior League of San Francisco Enabling Funds committee awards grants to San Francisco Bay Area non-profit organizations that face an urgent and short-term financial need. Examples of such needs may include, but are not limited to, organizations that are in need of bridge funding, or face a sudden loss of funding or an unbudgeted expense.
The grant recipient organizations must clearly demonstrate that their program goals and priorities align with the JLSF Mission and JLSF focus area of Empowering our Community Through Life Skills Education. The JLSF Enabling Funds grants (up to a maximum of $5,000 per organization) enable existing nonprofit organizations to continue to provide needed services and programs in the community.
Over the past five years, the JLSF has awarded more than $300,000 in Enabling Funds grants to various San Francisco Bay Area non-profits, providing vital assistance to these organizations so that they may continue to serve the community.
Eligibility and Requirements:
To be eligible for a JLSF Enabling Funds grant, organizations must:
- Submit an Enabling Funds Grant Application and related documents.
- Clearly demonstrate an urgent and critical financial need that if left unmet would result in the disruption of community programs/services.
- Demonstrate that the specific program requiring funding aligns with the JLSF's focus area of Empowering our Community Through Life Skills Education in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Provide a copy of their IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter.
- Not have received a JLSF Enabling Funds grant during the current or prior JLSF fiscal year. This is defined as the time period June 1, 2014 – May 31, 2016.
- Not have received funding from other JLSF sources during the current JLSF fiscal year. This is defined as the time period between June 1, 2015 – May 31, 2016.
The maximum amount awarded for any single grant request is $5,000.
For more information, please contact The Junior League of San Francisco office at 415.775.4100 or download the Enabling Funds Grant Application.
Review Process and Timing:
Enabling Funds grants are intended to respond to critical needs faced by nonprofit organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Grant applications are currently being accepted, and will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Early applications are encouraged. The fall deadline for applications is October 13, 2015, and the winter deadline is January 11, 2016.