JLSF Volunteer Awards
Active of the Year
Sustainer of the Year
Provisional of the Year
Committee of the Year
Melissa Harrington Hughes Leadership Award / Outstanding New Leader
Spirit of the League
|2015-2016||Shaye Martin||Usha Burns||
|2014-2015||Tina Romine||Judy Jorgensen
|Placement (led by Annie Calonico Schieding and Kristina Gentleman)||Katie Burr||Suzy Pak|
|2013-2014||Lynn Warneka||Christie Hurta||Kieli Joplin||Finance||Nikol Plass||Cynthia Foster|
|2012-2013||Caroline Vance Bruister||Andra von Behren||Emily Gibson||Public Affairs||Courtney Derby & Jolsna John||Tammy Braas-Hill|
|2011-2012||Karen Loane||Sandra Bessières
Community & Arts Outreach
|Anne Walbridge||Susie Hoganson
|2010-2011||Michelle Branch||Marcia Beersdorf||Paloma Figueroa||Membership Activities||DevonTarasevic
|Anne Marie Massocca|
|2009-2010||Kelly Jacikas||Blossom Barnes|
|2008-2009||Kristen Zeitzer Bourke||Layne Gray||Schuyler Hudak
|Home Tour||Amy Lightbody Kuhns||Usha Burns|
|2007-2008||Ellen Reich-Luchtel||Wendy Hayward||Serafina Miller||Andrea DeBerry||Carolyn Charlton|
|2006-2007||Hilary King Makhijani||Gaby Jackson Renstrom||Anne Jensen||Strategic Planning||Ginger Wilcox||Diana Conan|
|2005-2006||Gwinne Berexa||Barbara Mulcare
|Sarah Semple||Arts Outreach||Jennifer Richman||Suanne Bouvier|
|Women at the Center Honors (WATCH) Committee||Nicole Meyer||Fashion Show||Beth Sullivan
|Mary Jachimiec Scherer|
|2003-2004||Tammy Braas-Hill||Tam Madden||Corporate Solicitation||Lauren Haswell||Patricia Sprincin|
|2002-2003||Cynthia Foster||Carol Batte||Meehyun Kurtzman||Web||Patricia Richardson||Sally Hamlin Coates|
|2001-2002||Parnell Pearson||Eleanor Najjar|
|2000-2001||Kyri Sparks-McClellan||90th Anniversary Ad Hoc||Ursela Bergin|
|1999-2000||"R.E.A.P." Committee||Jean McClatchy||Jane Dawson|
|1998-1999||Cynthia Wolfe Funai
|Nancy Carlson||Amy Worth|
|Shirley Dean||Lani Valentine|
|Sharon Guy||Ann Otter|
|1995-1996||Dolly Chammas||Carole Whitehill||Katie Cardinal|
|1994-1995||Mollie Ward Brown||Charlene Harvey|
|1993-1994||Maria Gerhardt||Gretchen DeBaubigny|
|1992-1993||Long Range Planning Committee||Joni Settlemier|
|1991-1992||Sarah Manion||Patricia Funsten Costello|
|1990-1991||Mary Ann Athearn||Leslie Luttgens|
|1987-1988||Betsy Clapp||Margaret Dart|
|1986-1987||Darcy Dana Fahlsing|
Active, Sustainer and Committee of the Year Awards
These awards are bestowed on members (including members of the Board of Directors) or committees who go above and beyond the roles that they have been assigned. The recipients of the awards are nominated by Leadership (for individuals) and Board members (for committees).
Criteria (Must meet four out of five criteria.)
- Develops the potential of women by training, mentoring, coaching, and/or leading by example.
- Creates and maintains constructive and positive collaboration, exemplary teamwork and cross-functional work through committees
- Impacts the community
- Demonstrates leadership (even if the person is not in a slated leadership position)
Spirit of the Junior League of San Francisco
This award reflects a volunteer's lifetime achievements in the JLSF and in our community. Usually, this member has over ten years of service in the JLSF. She is a past/current leader in the JLSF. She is currently active or just retired as an effective leader in the community. She is recognized for her outstanding dedication to the JLSF. She inspires our volunteers as a role model.
Melissa Harrington Hughes Outstanding Leadership Award
This award will be presented to one "new" and "up-coming" leader (someone who is a first time or second time leader, vice chairs are included).
This award is for a volunteer who is an outstanding leader (Vice-Chairs as well):
- Has great team work and leadership skills.
- Is highly enthusiastic about the League and works to further its mission and goals.
- Works well with both those she leads on her committee and also those beside and above her on her Council and Board.
- Shows interest in advancing with in the League leadership structure.
- Shows initiative in her Vice Chair or Chair position (i.e., leaves the committee better than she found it).
- Always cheerful and energetic.
- Participates in more JLSF activities than are required.
Hayley Swift Provisional of the Year Award
This award is in memory of Hayley Swift, who was a dedicated Provisional Education Advisor for the 2000-2001 JLSF League year, and who died in a plane crash on March 24, 2001. The Hayley Swift Provisional Spirit of the Year Award is given to the Provisional who is:
- Highly enthusiastic
- Positive and energetic
- Attends every meeting
- Completes requirements ahead of time
- Participates in more JLSF activities than is required
- Has great team work and leadership skills
- Is an overall "outstanding" Provisional
All nominees for this award are submitted by Provisionals and Provisional Advisors.