The Junior League of San Francisco welcomes all women who value our mission to promote voluntarism, develop the potential of women, and improve communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Sharpen your skill set. Our members develop an array of skills and competencies to support their civic leadership in the community through committee work, leadership opportunities, and regular trainings and educational events held throughout the year.
- Make an impact in the San Francisco community. Our members directly support our community partners through:
- Educating each other and the public on important social issues through advocacy events, panels, and drives.
- Paying member dues and organizing fundraisers which allow the League to enable grants and monetary donations to our community programs.
- Volunteer hours in support of our non-profit partners’ events, fundraisers, and the routine services they provide.
- Build lasting relationships. Our members work alongside and develop skills with other women of diverse backgrounds, interests, and professions, who are like-minded in their commitment to promoting voluntarism and improving our community.
STEPS TOWARD MEMBERSHIP
The first step to membership is to attend a recruitment event.
Click here to RSVP for an upcoming event.
All women who attend a recruitment event will be invited to:
- Register an account with our online platform;
- Complete an application;
- Acknowledge New Member expectations; and
- Submit a New Member payment.
Any woman who has demonstrated interest in joining the JLSF is considered a prospective member. A prospective member who has completed the above steps will be considered a New Member of the Junior League of San Francisco. After completing the five-month New Member Education course, eligible members will become Active with full rights and responsibilities of League membership including voting privileges and committee assignments.
TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER LEAGUE
If you have ever been a member of another Junior League chapter, you will need to transfer your membership. Please contact the League of which you are currently (or were most recently) a member and ask them to transfer your membership to the Junior League of San Francisco. Once we receive your transfer information, our Member Services will reach out to discuss next steps.
QUESTIONS? Always welcome at email@example.com.