A sustainer is a former active member who has completed at least seven years of active service. While sustainers are not required to attend meetings, work fundraisers, or hold a placement, they often participate by serving on the Sustainer Council or by assisting a committee or placement with their advice and experience.
Our sustainers serve as mentors to the provisional and active members of the League and are a valuable source of support and inspiration to the League as a whole. Many started as volunteers in the Junior League and have gone on to serve as leaders in other charitable and non-profit organizations in the greater Bay Area community.
There are many ways to stay active and involved in the JLSF after becoming a Sustainer.
- Membership in the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) and the Junior League of San Francisco (JLSF)
- Reduced annual Sustainer dues
- Leadership opportunities
- Monthly Sustainer Bridge email newsletters
- Invitations to exclusive, Sustainer events such as:
- Sustainer Luncheon
- Sustainer Tea
- Sustainer DIADs
- Sustainer Special Interest Activities
- Sustainer Community and Cultural Events
- Sustainer Training and Development Events
About the JLSF Sustainer Engagement Committee
The Sustainer Engagement and Events Committee is the committee serves as the central hub from which all sustainer-related events, activities and communications are developed and implemented.
Next Steps for becoming a Sustainer
If you are currently an active member that meets the requirements to become a sustainer, please submit a Change of Status form.
If you are currently a sustainer member in another league and are interested in transferring your membership to the Junior League of San Francisco, please reach out to the email@example.com or call JLSF HQ at 415-775-4100.