A sustainer is a former active member who has completed at least seven years of active service. While sustainers are not required to attend meetings, work fundraisers, or hold a placement, they often participate by serving on the Sustainer Council or by assisting a committee or placement with their advice and experience.
Our sustainers serve as mentors to the provisional and active members of the League, and are a valuable source of support and inspiration to the League as a whole. Many started as volunteers in the Junior League and have gone on to serve as leaders in other charitable and non-profit organizations in the greater Bay Area community.
There are many ways to stay active and involved in the JLSF after becoming a Sustainer.
- Membership in the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) and the Junior League of San Francisco (JLSF)
- Reduced annual Sustainer dues
- Leadership opportunities on the Sustainer Council
- Monthly Sustainer Bridge email newsletters
- Invitations to exclusive, Sustainer events such as:
- Sustainer Luncheon
- Sustainer Tea
- Women of the Center Honors (WATCH) event
- Sustainer DIADs
- Sustainer Special Interest Activities
- Sustainer Community and Cultural Events
- Sustainer Training and Development Events
About the JLSF Sustainer Council
The Sustainer Council is the leadership body that represents the broader JLSF sustainer membership on Executive Management Team and serves as the central hub from which all sustainer-related events, activities and communications are developed and implemented.
Next Steps for becoming a Sustainer
If you are currently an active member that meets the requirements to become a sustainer, please submit a Change of Status form.
If you are currently a sustainer member in another league and are interested in transferring your membership to the Junior League of San Francisco, please reach out to the firstname.lastname@example.org or call JLSF HQ at 415-775-4100.