The Junior League of San Francisco approved a long-term Strategic Plan to remain in effect from 2012-2017. The Plan provides a roadmap for the way our League will shape or make a difference in the community. The Strategic Plan incorporates four main components to achieve the goals of the Plan:
- Community Impact: to shape or make a difference in the community.
- Membership: to provide an environment that supports the Mission Statement.
- Revenue: to increase sources and encourage long-term commitments.
- JLSF Brand and Community Relations: to increase visibility in the community and leverage the strength of the AJLI.
For a complete copy of the JLSF’s Strategic Plan, please contact the League office.
Focus Area: Social and Emotional Health of the Youth and Elderly
How does Social and Emotional Health benefit our community?
- Helps individuals develop and maintain healthy social networks
- Builds self confidence, self-esteem, self worth
- Develops positive attitudes
- Promotes a state of mental well being
- Helps in effective communication
How will the JLSF support Social and Emotional Health in our community?
- Making transportation available through offering rides and helping seniors learn to use public transportation.
- Promoting a sense of purpose by encouraging seniors to remain active in their hobbies and interests, and providing them opportunities to volunteer.
- Making adaptive technologies available, ranging from walkers to hearing aids, help seniors compensate for age-related deficits and deficiencies that can impede social interactions.