About the Community Partner Grants We Offer
The Junior League of San Francisco (JLSF) looks for partnerships with San Francisco Bay Area nonprofit organizations that align with our focus area of advancing the social and emotional well-being of the youth and elderly in San Francisco. Through these partnerships, the JLSF provides a combination of funding and volunteer support for specific community programs which can include:
- Direct Funding – These funds directly benefit the nonprofit organization and are generally unrestricted, with the exception that the JLSF is unable to fund salaries. Past grants have ranged between $5,000 and $35,000.
- Indirect Funding – These funds directly support the JLSF volunteers in their development or execution of activities with nonprofit organizations. Examples of indirect funding include covering costs to purchase necessary supplies or food-related to the specific programs and activities managed by JLSF volunteers.
- Volunteer Support – A dedicated committee of approximately 10-30 JLSF volunteers that provide approximately 3-5 hours per person per month of direct support to the nonprofit partner.
While JLSF Community Partner grants have an effective term of one year, the JLSF aims to develop long-term affiliations with community organizations.
The JLSF awarded $117,000 in Community Partner and other grants, and provided a significant number of volunteer hours to four San Francisco Bay Area nonprofits.
Community Partner Grant Eligibility and Requirements
Nonprofit organizations applying for a grant must:
- Serve communities specifically located in the County of San Francisco
- Submit a grant application and other requested documents
- Provide financial data (including evidence of 501(c)(3) status and audited financial documentation)
- Demonstrate that the specific program aligns with the JLSF’s focus of advancing the social and emotional health of at-risk youth and elderly populations
- Provide meaningful, direct volunteer experiences for a committee of 10-30 JLSF volunteers on a consistent monthly basis
- Satisfy a volunteer time commitment of approximately 3-5 hours per month per volunteer
- Provide volunteer opportunities that occur on weekday evenings (5:00 p.m. and later) and weekends
Click the link above to fill out the application.
Applications are due by 5:00pm PST on Friday, November 20th, 2020.
If you have any questions, please email Kristen Priddy, at email@example.com.