About Community Partner Grants
The JLSF seeks partnerships with San Francisco Bay Area nonprofit organizations that align with our focus area of advancing the social and emotional well-being of the youth and elderly in San Francisco. Through these partnerships, the JLSF provides a combination of funding and volunteer support for specific community programs.
Direct Funding – These funds directly benefit the nonprofit organization and are generally unrestricted, with the exception that the JLSF is unable to fund salaries. Past grants have ranged between $5,000 and $35,000.
Indirect Funding – These funds directly support the JLSF volunteers in their execution or development of activities at the nonprofit organization. Examples of indirect funding include covering costs to purchase necessary supplies or food related to the specific programs and activities developed and executed by JLSF volunteers.
Volunteer Support – A committee of approximately 10-30 JLSF volunteers provide approximately three to five hours per person per month of direct support to the nonprofit partner.
While JLSF Community Program grants have an effective term of one year, the JLSF seeks to develop an affiliation with organizations and in many cases our partnerships have extended from two to five years.
This past year, the JLSF awarded $117,000 in Community Program and other grants, and provided a significant number of volunteer hours to four San Francisco Bay Area nonprofits.
Community Partner Grant Eligibility and Requirements
To be eligible for a JLSF Community Program grant, organizations must:
- Submit a grant application and other requested documents
- Demonstrate that the specific program aligns with the JLSF focus of advancing the social and emotional health of at-risk youth and elderly populations
- Serve communities specifically located in the County of San Francisco
- Provide financial data (including evidence of 501(c)(3) status and audited financial documentation)
- Provide meaningful, direct volunteer experiences for a committee of 10-30 JLSF volunteers on a consistent monthly basis
- Satisfy a volunteer time commitment of approximately three to five hours per month per volunteer
- Provide volunteer opportunities that occur on weekday evenings (5:00 p.m. and later) and weekends
How to Apply for a Grant
Applications for 2020-2021 Community Program
Applications for the 2019-2020 league year are now open. Applications must be submitted no later than September 30, 2019. Please apply here.
If you have questions, please email Brittany Buxton and Carolina Grossman at email@example.com.