Advocacy Spring Diaper Drive
March 3rd - May 25th
This league year the Advocacy Committee is engaging in projects that address our new issue of supporting the social and emotional health of the youth and the elderly. This Spring, we are holding our second diaper drive in support of Help a Mother Out, a non-profit organization that provides diapers, raises awareness, and advocates for long term change in the social safety net. Our contribution helps bolster the social and emotional health of young women and babies by creating stability and teaching self-sufficiency.
This past November and December, JLSF was able to donate more than 6,000 diapers to Help a Mother Out, exceeding our goal by more than 1,000 diapers! Here's how you can help us exceed our Spring goal of 7,500 diapers:
1. April 18th and May 17th General Meeting Collection Bins: Bring leftover or new cartons of fresh diapers for the collection bin (all sizes welcome, but if purchasing new, sizes 4, 5, and 6 are of particular need).
2. JLSF HQ Collection Bin: Bring diapers to drop off at your next meeting between March 3rd and May 25th.*
3. Online Diaper Registry: Purchase diapers through our Amazon registry to be shipped directly to Help A Mother Out, and share the link with your friends: http://amzn.to/
4. Touch-A-Truck on April 1st: Drop off diapers at our collection bin.
5. Spread the word! Tweet/post to Facebook to share: Help @JuniorLeagueSF support @helpamotherout bolster the social and emotional health of young women and babies: URL #JLSFDiaperDrive
*As a reminder, JLSF Headquarters hours are Monday - Thursday 1p.m. - 5pm, or until 8:00pm on Committee Meeting nights (check the member calendar to confirm); Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m