Through Junior League of San Francisco’s Done in a Day (DIAD) program, nonprofit organizations within the San Francisco Bay Area community can request JLSF volunteers to support their activities.
DIAD volunteers are ideally suited to single day events or short-term projects involving our current community partners and other organizations that operate in the JLSF focus area of bridging the gap of essential needs in the San Francisco Community.
Examples of DIAD Partnerships
The JLSF works with a wide range of local non-profit organizations as part of its DIAD program, providing JLSF member volunteers to support important events hosted by the non-profit organizations. Below are some examples of our DIAD partnerships:
- The San Francisco Marathon – Each year, the JLSF provides multiple shifts of volunteers that run a Race Day Hydration Station. JLSF members set-up, man, and disassemble a hydration station for the SF Marathon, handing out water and electrolyte beverages to race participants throughout the event.
- Stern Grove Festival – JLSF members serve as volunteers for the Stern Grove Festival, where we take tickets, answer event questions, and help to usher patrons to seating areas and facilities.
- Randall Museum Halloween Fest – Annually, the JLSF provides volunteers to the Randall Museum for its Halloween Fest. JLSF members lead craft activities and games.
- San Francisco Performances – The JLSF has volunteered at concerts hosted by San Francisco Performances, serving as ushers, passing out programs, and answering patron questions about the event and the facilities.
- Philharmonia Winter Gala – In March 2017, the JLSF provided two shifts of volunteers to support the Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra & Chorale’s annual Winter Gala. The JLSF volunteers were responsible for silent auction set-up, silent auction break-down, ushering, and live auction administrative support, among other responsibilities.
To request volunteer support from JLSF’s DIAD program, please submit an application at least eight weeks in advance of the event or project date. Upon receipt of a completed application, a member of the DIAD committee will be in contact to discuss the details of how the JLSF can meet the needs of your organization.
The JLSF looks forward to working with its partners in empowering the San Francisco Bay Area community!